I decided last night that thankful living will be my new endeavor. I'm sure I failed much earlier than this, but the first time I realized my failure was on the way to work this morning when I made a comment about not wanting to go to work. I immediately recognized my thankless attitude and followed-up my statement with "I'm just kidding...I'm so thankful to have a job." Sure, it was forced, but it's a start!
I don't know how long I can keep this up, but here are some things for which I am truly thankful!
- Thank you, Lord, for these casts on my legs--I can't drive, so Matt has to take me to work, and it offers us 15 minutes of good quality time together. I am going to miss it when I am able to drive again! He makes me laugh! : )
- Thank you, Lord, that Aydan was up twice last night. It gives me the chance to snuggle and spend time with her.
- Thank you, Lord, for my job that keeps food on the table and a roof over our heads.
- Thank you, Lord, that I have a wonderful family that I can't wait to go home to at night!
- Thank you, Lord, that I have co-workers who care about me, lift me up, and make me laugh!
- And for the tough one...thank you, Lord, for giving me the flu. It allowed me to rest my mind, body, and legs!
- Thank you, Lord, for pollen, because it means spring and beautiful weather!! : )