Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Aydan's 1st Birthday

On Saturday, August 22 we celebrated Aydan's first birthday with our family and friends. It was a great day! We ate BBQ, watched Aydan devour her cake, and opened presents. As you can see, Aydan really liked cake! It was the first time she's eaten anything like that, so she couldn't get enough. Everyone was so kind to come to the party, and you should have seen all the gifts! Aydan is so lucky to have so many people that love her!!

She LOVED it when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her! We had to sing twice, to her delight, because mom forgot to video the first time!
The party theme was pink and green ladybugs, and I may have gone a little overboard. There were pink and green polka dots everywhere! We chose ladybugs as the theme for a couple of reasons. First, when I was pregnant I saw ladybugs everywhere (I normally never see them), and for some crazy reason it made me think I was going to have a girl. Then, after Aydan was born and we named her, we started calling her Aydie Bug, so it's just a silly little theme we've had. I chose pink and green to make it more girly. I made her cake in the shape of a ladybug and made the adult cake with green and pink dots. Here's Aydan's cake...
and the adult cake...
I also made her a bib for her cake with white terry cloth and hot pink backing. It had a pink polka dot applique and her name in green. I made her a pillowcase dress with green ribbon and a cupcake applique.

Here are some more pics from the party...

No comments:

Post a Comment